The Caspian Seagull Travels Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), we are the data controller.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our policy regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting this site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
Personal information we collect and use if you make a booking with us
When you book a flight, holiday, cruise or make other travel related bookings with us, we will collect, process and use personal information so that we can deal with all aspects of your booking.
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect when you make a booking with us includes your:
- date of birth
- contact details (including email address and telephone/mobile number)
- passport details
- emergency contact
- details of next of kin
- booking reference
- payment card details
- meal preferences
- destination address where required (i.e. the US)
How we use this personal information
We use your personal information to:
- fulfill our agreement with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking, or contacting you if there is a problem with your booking (for example, by sending you a service message to inform you when your booking has not been completed)
- Update you on changes to your travel itinerary (for example, if there is a change to your booking pre travel; if a flight is delayed or cancelled)
- Manage operations related to your journey, for example, ground handling (such as baggage and baggage claims), airport operations (such as check-in), fulfillment of meals, pick up and drop off by chauffer or transfer drivers (which may be handled by us or third party service providers)
- Manage your wider travel and products or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to airlines, service providers (such as catering companies and ground and cargo handlers) and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimized), this includes when you book a holiday package, hotel, car or other ancillary service which may be provided by us or third parties through our Platforms
- Process payments for your booking, Fulfill requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes.
- Personalize the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile)
- personalize the look and feel of our Platforms and communications with you, so as to align with preferences you may have told us about or which we have inferred from your use of our Platforms, market research, your interactions with us on social media and previous transactions (details on How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics are below)
- communicate and interact with you at different touch points throughout your journey (for example, if there is an issue related to your booking or destination whilst you’re on holiday)
- communicate with check-in agents, flight crew, ground staff, airlines, accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints
- improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys so that we can obtain a better understanding of how we can continue to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones. During these surveys we may collect personal information from you relating to your thoughts/comments about your experience with us
- market our products and services to you (details on How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics are below).
- manage our business such as for systems testing, IT maintenance or development training, benchmarking and performance measurement
- use in connection with your online account (details on Personal information we collect and use if you register an online account with us are below) as you may authorize or consent to additionally from time to time
Information you give us
Information (such as health or religion) is considered "special category of personal data " under the GDPR. We will only collect this information to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept this special category of personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information and any special category of personal data to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf, or in the interest of passengers, or in an emergency.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Companies fulfilling your booking, which include airlines and other travel providers.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Flights To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
Security and Safety of Data and its Storage
We make every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard its security and privacy, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized parties. The same tight controls and best practices are true for any data processed beyond this website and on our Company’s internal networks.
Please be aware that this website may include links to other external websites or other internet sources, including social media platforms and third party websites. Since we cannot control these websites and external sources, The Caspian cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these websites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services, or any other material available on or from these websites or external sources, nor their collection and processing of any personal data. However, every effort has been made to vet these external websites and sources at the time of providing any outgoing link from our own website.
With regards to the security and safety of data and its storage, The Caspian Seagull Travels LTD. assures to take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
It will be processed lawfully with your consent for the specific purpose it is required and will not be kept for longer than is legally necessary. We will only process any special category of personal information relating to you for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations.
It will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction or erasure. Personal data will only be transferred to a data processor if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
Where we have to pass on personal information to the companies fulfilling your booking, which include , airlines and other travel providers. This will in many cases involve your information being passed to entities in other countries throughout the world. They in turn may be obliged to pass your information on for purposes of immigration manifests and so forth. We will require these companies to also ensure that your data is adequately protected and your privacy upheld.
However, please note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
Limitation on storage
We will not keep personal data active longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable actions to destroy, or erase all data from our website and other systems which is no longer required.
Your rights under GDPR
Under the EU’s GDPR, you have the right to access information/data held about you, and the right to correct, amend, delete, and object to further processing.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Any access request will be free of charge, although multiple copies will be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will endeavor to provide you with the personal data in the same machine-readable format and will make it capable of porting to a third party data controller, only if it is technically feasible to do so.
You should also notify us if any of your personal details change or if you are aware of any inaccuracies so that this can be corrected.
Contacting The Caspian Seagull Travels Ltd
142 WEST END LANE,
LONDON, NW6 1SD